Los Santos City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few notes about health/regenation

4 posters

Go down

A few notes about health/regenation Empty A few notes about health/regenation

Post by Karl_Salameh Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:29 am

1- I truly hope we won't use the same shitty idea as LS-RP did, which goes; 'you lose 2 hp each x seconds'. I hate this, seriously.
2- Make it so when you're ill you lose like... 1hp/1 minutes (Yes, we should have illness. It's not really LS-RP's idea, it's REAL LIFE's idea.) You can cure illness by buying medicine from pharmacies (expensive) or by asking a doctor/EMT to cure you (cheap).
If you go to the pharmacy, each illness should have a special medicine.
E.g: Headache - Aspitin (common - 1$)
Nausea - Tubs (common - 2$)
Whateverillnesshere - Whatevermedicine here (less common - 5$)
xxx - yyy (not common - 10$)
xxx - yyy (rare - 50$)
xxx - yyy (extremely rare - 100$)
xxx - none (Incredibly rare/Uncurable with medicine - Needs medical attention)
xxx - none (Incurable, and incredibly rare. You lose 1hp each payday, you can't heal from it though. ;D Should be like.. extremely.. extremely rare. Like.. 1 character on 150 have it.)

Get the idea? Yeah? Okay.

3- You might not like it, but screw food healing you. Seriously. Soda machines and burgers and whatever = bad.
Make it so you can stand on a bed and type /rest <time>. You're then frozen for this amount of time, and heal 1hp each 3 seconds or so. It puts you in a laying animation, and you're, as I said, frozen. But other players can knock you out, rob you, kill you, etc.. There comes the real use of having a house.
Or else, make food REALLY expensive. Seriously, I hate how easily you can heal yourself and shit..

Anyhow, hope we can develop some good ideas around these points.
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Male Number of posts : 247
Humor : NONE.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

http://www.karlsworld.net

Back to top Go down

A few notes about health/regenation Empty Re: A few notes about health/regenation

Post by Ron_Nelson Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:57 pm

Yeah it's very RL. Karl is right. I mean, in RL, if you get hit by a car, and get a broken leg, you say 'Ahh, let me eat a burger and I'll be back to normal'.... Neutral

Ron_Nelson

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Back to top Go down

A few notes about health/regenation Empty Re: A few notes about health/regenation

Post by Karl_Salameh Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 pm

Yeah, I don't know if we can do that, but I think the 'resting on a bed' is real nice and easy to do.
It might cause people to sleep on top of each others though in rented appartments =/ Lawl. Anyhow, I'm expecting this to be a heavily RP'ified server, so I guess it won't happen, else <Moderated Razz>
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLovin Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:12 am

I think it's too complicated.

the only thing I really think should be implemented is less hp decay over time. Actually, i think decaying HP should be removed completly.
McLovin
McLovin

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Pritin Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:35 pm

You will have HP decay till you have 30 HP maybe? After that it won't decay automatically, but you'll be week and a few punches can send you to the hospital?
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Male Number of posts : 191
Job/hobbies : Scripting / Gaming
Humor : None

https://lscity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McLovin Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:51 pm

That makes sense.
Just anything not to stop RP because of HP decay

Might want to allow players to buy "pîlls" or something like that to replenish HP
McLovin
McLovin

Male Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:51 am

HP Degradation until 30hp -> Okay. Good idea.
I also like my pharmacy idea.. It's a bit complicated, but quite nice, I think. o_O
And please, make it so food doesn't heal you? Please? This $1 sprunk soda can to heal half your HP is ridiculous.
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pritin Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:22 pm

Karl_Salameh wrote:And please, make it so food doesn't heal you? Please? This $1 sprunk soda can to heal half your HP is ridiculous.

Agreed. It really is very ridiculous.
And something WILL be done about it k?
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Male Number of posts : 191
Job/hobbies : Scripting / Gaming
Humor : None

https://lscity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:12 pm

kthx
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum