Los Santos City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coloured names for faction members?

+3
Xyth
McLovin
Pritin
7 posters

Go down

Coloured names for faction members?

Coloured names for faction members? Vote_lcap83%Coloured names for faction members? Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 10 ]
Coloured names for faction members? Vote_lcap17%Coloured names for faction members? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Coloured names for faction members? Empty Coloured names for faction members?

Post by Pritin Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:53 pm

What do you think?
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Male Number of posts : 191
Job/hobbies : Scripting / Gaming
Humor : None
Registration date : 2007-08-16

https://lscity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Coloured names for faction members? Empty Re: Coloured names for faction members?

Post by McLovin Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Before voting, I'd like to know if it's possible to totally remove names.
Names should not be visible at all!
McLovin
McLovin

Male Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Coloured names for faction members? Empty Re: Coloured names for faction members?

Post by Pritin Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:44 pm

That's not such a great idea, as the same skin can be chosen by many people. irl though, so many people will not look identical.
It's a limitation with GTA that we have to live with.
Post in Suggestions if you want to have a discussion on it though.
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:55 pm

The Unknown wrote:That's not such a great idea, as the same skin can be chosen by many people. irl though, so many people will not look identical.
It's a limitation with GTA that we have to live with.
Post in Suggestions if you want to have a discussion on it though.

My opinion:
People should start making their character unique. Everyone picks the best looking character. They dont care if they meet other people who got the same skin as themself. I dont want to ruin the game but I think there should be a limit on characters. Like each character can be choosen 4 times max. Not the factions afcourse. Like if a character has been choosen 4 times it dissapears from the character menu. You can't even see it anymore. This will solve the problem that there are everywhere people with the same skin which is also a bit unrealistic. This way we can put peoples id above their head. Let me tell you why. First of all wenn there is a hacker/dmer/non roleplayer/metagamer/powergamer online you can report him. People cant metagame because they dont see your name above your head. You cant call somebody a number afcourse.

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBamba Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:21 pm

its a good idea but i belive that nooblets will come to you..
"hey number 4, want drugs?"

and it will be lame.

SuperBamba

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pritin Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:43 pm

Xyth, once we have too many players ( which we hopefully will sometime), 4 people will be forced to be clowns.. and the people after that can't spawn :S

So I oppose this idea. Let there be nametags. If people can RP, all this shouldn't make any difference.
We will have an elaborate 'rules' page, and it will be expected that everyone reads it before playing.. www.RPRULES.tk or something..
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:37 pm

0.2.2 allows the server admins to set the name tag's draw distance. I say make it rather close.. Especially for the 'following nametags you see from cars or behind walls' thing. I know it's bad RP, but most of the time, you can't resist >_>
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Male Number of posts : 247
Humor : NONE.

http://www.karlsworld.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Charly Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:09 am

I actually would like coloured names only for cops,medics, since for mafia,gangs,etc, people metagame a lot, they go infront of you and say: Mafia member? cool!, in the case of cops and medics with the job suit is pretty easy to know if he is a cop or medic Wink.
Charly
Charly
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Male Number of posts : 78
Job/hobbies : Student/gaming, jokes
Humor : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBamba Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:23 am

nono, i say leave the mafia as it is now.
if it aint broken dont fix it.
people that metagame arent good rpers and they will metagame with or without the name tags and shit.

but i belive that the distance should be far enough, i often report id's of people who dont rp car stealing and such stuffs.
and if the nametags are very close they can drive away before i can get their ID and report.

SuperBamba

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:24 pm

For the nametags and skins
There arent many skins which are "normal".
There are alot of strange skins. and im not speaking about a fat skin that no one would like to be, i mean a really strange and un-realistic one.
I do not support to set the view of name tags to a really small-distance one, because IRL (In real life) you can see faces from distance.
The metagamers will just get kicked, thats what i think.

Julian

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 pm

I change my mind. (But your poll thing is too noobish to let me change my vote Razz) No colours for gang members or mafia. Only medics, firefighters and cops.
People have absolutely NO way of knowing someone is a mafia, lets not offer them a way to metagame. Cops, medics and firefighters have badges and all, uniforms.

Also, for the nametags draw distance, on LS-RP, they have it set to a close distance, and it works wonderfully. I think all RP server should set that distance.
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Male Number of posts : 247
Humor : NONE.

http://www.karlsworld.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down