Los Santos City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few more suggestions

+2
McLovin
Xyth
6 posters

Go down

A few more suggestions Empty A few more suggestions

Post by Xyth Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:06 pm

I have been thinking about this the past few days.

First of all we will add alot houses because we got enough interiors so how would it be to save your weapons inside your house.
So wenn you need to log out you go to your house and save your weapons there and log off. So if you log in you can grap them again.

I also think we should have a limit on the amount of weapons you can carry with you. Its kinda bullshit if you got a: m4, deagle, mp5, shotgun and a rpg... Its also unnessassery.
Lets say you can carry 2 or 3 weapons with you max.
Post your opinions about this...

Another suggestions will be that if you get shot and you "die" ( brutally wounded) the weapons you had will automaticly dropped. Just like the party server. Because why wouldn't you grap his weapons if he's died. I also thought about you will lose all your money you had wenn you die. This will avoid people walking with 1504894 dollar on them which doesn't make sense at all. People will go more often to the bank and they willl receive more intrest. I dont know if its possible but you will also drop the money just like the way in Single player. Maybe this will lead to dm but there must be a way to avoid that. And this will also solve the problem that if someone gets robbed he wont run away and get shot and keeps the money. He would give the amount of money that the robber is asking for.

And the last suggestion which is from the other suggestion topic.
When you log out and log back in you will spawn on the same place you spawned. This will solve many problems. First of all wenn your in some kind of roleplay event and you receive an error you dont need to drive all the way to the spot where you received the error. You just spawn there and you can continue again. Also wenn family members dropped somebody which cased trouble into the desert he will probably log out and back in and he will just spawn back in Los Santos. This way he has to call a taxi, call a friend or walk the whole way back on foot.
And wenn you just want to spawn back in your house just go there before you log out. You can save your weapons for the next time...

Ok peeps, post your opinions.

Last edited by on Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

A few more suggestions Empty Re: A few more suggestions

Post by McLovin Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:00 am

First of all we will add alot houses because we got enough interiors so how would it be to save your weapons inside your house.
So wenn you need to log out you go to your house and save your weapons there and log off. So if you log in you can grap them again.

>> I somehow agree. I don't mind if the weapon is saved in your house or in your pocket, but I think that weapons should not despawn when you log out. The main reason why the weapons used to despawn is because everyone had 4897498479847894$ so admins wanted to make money circulate. On this server, big money players should not be that many so it should not be an issue.

I also think we should have a limit on the amount of weapons you can carry with you. Its kinda bullshit if you got a: m4, deagle, mp5, shotgun and a rpg... Its also unnessassery.

>> Hummm....Touchy one. As long as the guns are bought/found within the rules, I don't see why it's a problem. BUT, I'd change your suggestion for something maybe more crazy!
What if when a player holds a certain type of gun, the gun is visible on his skin so that the police can arrest him.
For example, an RPG, even an m4 should be visibile on the player's body. It can't be in his pockets or under his vest like an mp5 or a deagle. This way, players will be less willing to walk around with RPGs as they will probably be arrested pretty fast.
Now to push on your idea, what about having places where you can "drop" your guns for later usage? If the first idea passes, maybe we can have a way to deposit our guns in a safeplace/house even at the bank! So that if you can wear a maximum amount of guns or a certain combination only, you'd be able to switch at your home/bank/safehouse.

Another suggestions will be that if you get shot and you "die" ( brutally wounded) the weapons you had will automaticly dropped. Just like the party server. Because why wouldn't you grap his weapons if he's died. I also thought about you will lose all your money you had wenn you die. This will avoid people walking with 1504894 dollar on them which doesn't make sense at all. People will go more often to the bank and they willl receive more intrest. I dont know if its possible but you will also drop the money just like the way in Single player. Maybe this will lead to dm but there must be a way to avoid that. And this will also solve the problem that if someone gets robbed he wont run away and get shot and keeps the money. He would give the amount of money that the robber is asking for.

>> My only concern is the dming this will bring. Even though we say we'll work on not allowing dming, it will most probably happen with an open idea like this one (losing $ when dying).
Maybe make fees of dying a bit higher depending on how you die. If you die by gunshot, it would cost more then if you die by falling from a roof. Etc.

Wenn you log out and log back in you will spawn on the same place you spawned. This will solve many problems. First of all wenn your in some kind of roleplay event and you receive an error you dont need to drive all the way to the spot where you received the error. You just spawn there and you can continue again. Also wenn family members dropped somebody which cased trouble into the desert he will probably log out and back in and he will just spawn back in Los Santos. This way he has to call a taxi, call a friend or walk the whole way back on foot.
And wenn you just want to spawn back in your house just go there before you log out. You can save your weapons for the next time...

>> The word is "when", not "wenn" Very Happy As I posted the idea in another thread, I fully agree on this one. There should not be a central spawn point. It should be where you last logged out.
McLovin
McLovin

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:26 am

Xyth wrote:I have been thinking about this the past few days.

>> Save your weapons is probably not doable, due to server restarts, server crashes, etc..

>> I absolutely agree. I'm not sure if this is actually doable, but here's an idea:
You can carry a maximum of .. 10 kilograms in weapons..
Knife weight = 0.3 kilogram
Cane weight = 0.5 kilogram
Baseball bat = 0.8 kilograms
Deagle = 1.4 kilograms
SD Pistol = 1.2 kilograms
Mp6 = 4.5 kilograms
AK47/M4 = 7 kilograms
RPG = 9.5 kilograms
Sniper rifle = 8 kilograms

Etc.. you get the idea?

>> When you die you drop your weapons - Yes.
You get brutally wounded, and can wait for medic assistance; No. That's LSRP's VERY SHITTY IDEA.
You drop your money: No, only like.. 35% of it, to avoid DM for money, and another of your 35% is simply deleted, and a little hospital fee..

When you log out and log back in you will spawn on the same place you spawned. This will solve many problems. First of all wenn your in some kind of roleplay event and you receive an error you dont need to drive all the way to the spot where you received the error. You just spawn there and you can continue again. Also wenn family members dropped somebody which cased trouble into the desert he will probably log out and back in and he will just spawn back in Los Santos. This way he has to call a taxi, call a friend or walk the whole way back on foot.
>> If that's doable, then I'm all for it.
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Male Number of posts : 247
Humor : NONE.
Registration date : 2007-08-27

http://www.karlsworld.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron_Nelson Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 am

Karl_Salameh wrote:
Xyth wrote:I also think we should have a limit on the amount of weapons you can
carry with you. Its kinda bullshit if you got a: m4, deagle, mp5,
shotgun and a rpg... Its also unnessassery.
>> I absolutely agree. I'm not sure if this is actually doable, but here's an idea:
You can carry a maximum of .. 10 kilograms in weapons..
Knife weight = 0.3 kilogram
Cane weight = 0.5 kilogram
Baseball bat = 0.8 kilograms
Deagle = 1.4 kilograms
SD Pistol = 1.2 kilograms
Mp6 = 4.5 kilograms
AK47/M4 = 7 kilograms
RPG = 9.5 kilograms
Sniper rifle = 8 kilograms

Etc.. you get the idea?

>>Rather then using numbers and calculating, can't we use slots?
Example
Knife/Deagle/Silenced Pistol = 1 slot
Baseball bat/Cane/SMG = 2 slots
AK47/M4/Sniper/Shotguns = 3 slots
RPG = 4 slots

I think that if we use 7 slots, it would make it look realistic. Do you agree?

Last edited by on Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Ron_Nelson

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:57 am

Same shit :/
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:50 pm

You get brutally wounded, and can wait for medic assistance; No. That's LSRP's VERY SHITTY IDEA.

I really loved that idea you know...
Let me explain. Wenn you play gta single player ( which I play often the past few days ) you see wenn you kill somebody there will arrive an ambulance to revive those people. If we could implend this in the server it would be awesome. Wenn you are brutally wounded ( died ), medics will receive a red dot on the radar and they will get there as soon as possible ( there will be a time limit. If the time past you will respawn and lose 50% of your money ). If they made it and revive you on the given time you only have to pay the medic 25% of your money or something. And dont think there wont be any medics in game because in other servers no one is a medic because they cant do anything... You should know how many people die in the server. They will race from place A to B to revive another person and then they need to go to place C. I think it would be an awesome job.

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl_Salameh Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:53 pm

If they receive a red dot, then okay. But if you have to pray that someone accidently passes near you, and calls 911, then hope there's a medic online, then no.
Karl_Salameh
Karl_Salameh
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charly Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:49 am

Aaah, about the weapons slots its a good idea, i agree with it.
But the "keep the weapons after log off", no.

Weapons on the ground after dead: I like it.

Spawn where you logged off: No, i dont think its scriptable though.

Now to the medics one, i personally dont like it, 50% of the money...what if a random noob dms you and no medics online or they dont come(busy or some shit)?

Great suggestions guys, keep em coming!
Charly
Charly
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Male Number of posts : 78
Job/hobbies : Student/gaming, jokes
Humor : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pritin Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Charly wrote:Spawn where you logged off: No, i dont think its scriptable though.
It is
.. but I really feel it shouldn't be implemented too. If you were in the middle of some RP, ask an admin to teleport you back to the person you were RPing with.

And the other ideas, most of them are really great!
And the idea about the medics, will definitely have some people wanting to be medics.

Cash spawning where you died, is not right imo, because it WILL cause DM, or maybe you can think of how you plan to prevent that DM..

Anyone will be able to see you carry a huge gun. Maybe players with big gus get a different particular color? You treat the different color = He visibly has huge guns.

Guns can be saved at homes too. Good idea I'd say.
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Male Number of posts : 191
Job/hobbies : Scripting / Gaming
Humor : None

https://lscity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content