Los Santos City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions

5 posters

Go down

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Ron_Nelson Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:46 pm

Hi, I'm new to forums, so I will be taking a lot of mistakes lol!

Here are a few of my suggestions:

At the beginning you should be given a cheap license so you would be able to drive a car. It's because very boring to start at spawn and you'll have to walk a long way. New users should be given a choice of a Mannana, Clover, Bravura and maybe a Blista too.

Licenses should be divided into category. Normally in RP server they would be License A, License B... etc
I have came up with a few different categories. See weather you like it or not:
License N: Normal Cars (Sentinel, Admiral, Sunrise)
License O: Old Cars (Hustler, Ocean, Gleandale)
License R: Still not figured out. Maybe the 'Dude' vehicles should be renamed as 'Reconstruction Dude', and every vehicle marked with 'Dude' should fall under this category.
License M: Miscellaneous - a Combine or a Sweeper maybe:?:
License A: Aeroplanes - all planes and helicopters
License L: Little Cars - this is the license
License S: Sea boats - all the boats

Every letter in the word NORMALS represent a license. I think it's easier than remeber A is for trucks, B is for normal cars... etc.

Maybe it would be confusing for new users. Maybe there should be a command such as /help license N, and the cars under that category will be displayed.

PS TO gain a license one must be given a test, and to obey the road laws, not just drive trough the grass, like in real life Razz

I also figured one for the weapon license but it isn't very good in my opinion (altough I really don't agree about having weapons in RP)
License A: Assualt
License R: Rifles
License M: Mini Machine Guns (instead of SMG)
License S: Shotguns

There are pistols left out and others. Maybe we should name it PARMS?

Anyway, I also came up with the idea that the company you apply with should reward you with their car. For example a Business Company A rewards you with a Senitel, whilst Business Company B will reward you with a Washington. Maybe a Farming Industry should reward you with a Bobcat. And you should go to work with these vehicles, and pay the company if you damage them.

I also came up with the idea that Burger Shot and Clukin' Bell should have there own motor, like the Pizza Stack. The Burger Shot should be a Faggio painted Blue and Red, and Maybe the Clukin' Bell's motor should be used the same as the Pizza Stack (the one with the box at the end) and the main color should be gold-yellow, and the thin line should be red.

Mentioning colors, there also should be 2 or more Coach Comapnies or Taxi Companies, using different colors. There are two different taxi's in SA, which could be used for 2 different companies, or maybe repainting them could result in 4 companies Very Happy

There should also be a job which require a group of people. For example there is a 'Broken Road' which requires an Utility Van, a Flatbed and a Dozer. Laughing And if possible cones and signs will spawn around the broken road.

Another job should be delivery. If I'm correct, a Mule and a Benson are able to have a Binco sign at the backs. If possible they would be spawned with the sign and would be used to deliver clothes from the Docks (from a ship) to a Binco Shop.

Perhaps a job of a luggage carrier (suing a Baggage or a Tug) or what ever it is should be applied. A worker would be obliged to go at the airport and arrive the luggages next to the plane, and then the plane would really fly and arrive the passengers to an airport, and a coach (with a real person) would pick them up. An when the passenegers arrive they should call a taxi (unless they manage to put the car on the wing on the plane Razz) and they would place them in front of a hotel.

There should also be a Show for all tuned old cars, sports cars, offroads or others, and real people would pay to see them, and the ones who brought there car would be payed.

I really liked the idea in West-Side Server, about using the Sweeper. But in my opinion it should be much more organised. You should apply for a job and would be given a particular area to be swept in a limited time.

A trashmaster should also be used to pick up trash from the streets and place the trash in a junk yard etc etc.

Those where just a few of my ideas Razz Nah joking lol! but I have a few more that I can't remeber right now. Thanks for your patience for reading this Very Happy

Ron_Nelson

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Pritin Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Well. Those are a lot of ideas Razz
About the license system, the current system, is that you can drive a car without having a license, but cops can pull you over, and ask for a license.
I'll let the License Faction reply on this.

Trash job is already there. Look at the Job guides ( GamePlay Guides).

And the others, they will be considered once the script is done a bit. Once they basics of family / police / jobs are done.
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Male Number of posts : 191
Job/hobbies : Scripting / Gaming
Humor : None
Registration date : 2007-08-16

https://lscity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:20 am

puftaman wrote:

At the beginning you should be given a cheap license so you would be able to drive a car.
Why would we give a cheap license so people can drive cars... The license company has been made to teach the people how to drive. If they cant drive they wont get a license at all. They can try it again afcourse. I wish we could all get a cheap license in real life. I wouldn't have to pay 2000.
It's because very boring to start at spawn and you'll have to walk a long way.
Well first of all, how do you know where you spawn at the beginning? We still discus this, we are thinking about the trainstation in Los Santos which is pretty central of Los Santos.
New users should be given a choice of a Mannana, Clover, Bravura and maybe a Blista too.
A free car? How about its possible to steal a car.
And you have the choice of 100 differend cars.

Licenses should be divided into category. Normally in RP server they would be License A, License B... etc
I have came up with a few different categories. See weather you like it or not:
License N: Normal Cars (Sentinel, Admiral, Sunrise)
License O: Old Cars (Hustler, Ocean, Gleandale)
License R: Still not figured out. Maybe the 'Dude' vehicles should be renamed as 'Reconstruction Dude', and every vehicle marked with 'Dude' should fall under this category. Do we have a vehicle in game which fall under this category? Dont know if the trashmaster is and if he is, its only 1
License M: Miscellaneous - a Combine or a Sweeper maybe:?:
License A: Aeroplanes - all planes and helicopters
License L: Little Cars - this is the license
License S: Sea boats - all the boats
If I read this I think. You need to get a new license first before you want to drive another car? Look, I made a whole driving license test and a theorie part and I think this aint is nessacery.
Maybe we can devide licenses in:
License A: Cars
License B: Boats
License C: Planes
License D: Weapons

If you really want that your suggestion will be implended, I need to create 5 driving license tests with differend cars. Thats really to much.
I already put alot of time in the driving license test and I think its enough to have 1 driving license which allows you to drive any CAR you want.

So what I tried to say: I dont really like it but if others think different please reply and I will consider it.

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by McLovin Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:36 am

Just a question for you Xyth.
You're saying 1 driving license allows you to drive any car.
Is there a different license for boat/planes or it's one for everything?
McLovin
McLovin

Male Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron_Nelson Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:05 pm

Embarassed Well sorry dude, but I really don't know about scripting. Anyway it is a suggestion tongue You choose weather you like/script my suggestion cheers

Ron_Nelson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pritin Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:12 pm

McLovin wrote:Just a question for you Xyth.

Noo. He didn't mean "car" technically, where every vehicle is a car Razz
Pritin
Pritin
Lead Scripter and Admin
Lead Scripter and Admin

Male Number of posts : 191
Job/hobbies : Scripting / Gaming
Humor : None

https://lscity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:23 pm

McLovin wrote:Just a question for you Xyth.

Maybe we can devide licenses in:
License A: Cars

License B: Boats
License C: Planes
License D: Weapons
Well, its stupid of me to say maybe.
Because we already wanted to make 4 licenses.
With 1 driving license allows you to drive any car I ment, old cars, new cars, small cars, dude cars, busses, sweepers etc etc.
The maker of this suggestions said all those cars and suggested to make differend driving licenses for all those different cars but I think its enough to have 1 driving licenses for all those cars he talked about.

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLovin Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:30 pm

Agreed.
A license for each type is way better. I just wanted to check Razz
McLovin
McLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron_Nelson Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:11 pm

I suggested that way cause once I logged on a server and the licenses where A, B, C... etc and then I was hired as a cop. When I went to check someone's license of a truck I didn't know weather it was A, B, C... they had till H Shocked

Well using only 4 letters seems to be very simple Very Happy

In this part I am going to clerafy my idea about the Delivery Job.

A company made for deliveries only will have it's own trucks. The best way is that this company would be built near the docks. Then the worker drives the truck to the ship and he loads up the stock/material or whatever it is. A command would be needed here. Then a destination would be marked on the map so that he deliver the materials there. Once he arrives he uses a command to unload the stuff. This should be reapeated until the truck would be emptied. Than the truck goes back to the ship and everything is repeated. Very similiar to the Sanitation Department Job.

It should be very easy now to script it tongue

Change a few destinations and instead of a TrashMaster do a Mule or a Benson cheers

Ron_Nelson

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:10 pm

puftaman wrote:I suggested that way cause once I logged on a server and the licenses where A, B, C... etc and then I was hired as a cop. When I went to check someone's license of a truck I didn't know weather it was A, B, C... they had till H Shocked

Well using only 4 letters seems to be very simple Very Happy

In this part I am going to clerafy my idea about the Delivery Job.

A company made for deliveries only will have it's own trucks. The best way is that this company would be built near the docks. Then the worker drives the truck to the ship and he loads up the stock/material or whatever it is. A command would be needed here. Then a destination would be marked on the map so that he deliver the materials there. Once he arrives he uses a command to unload the stuff. This should be reapeated until the truck would be emptied. Than the truck goes back to the ship and everything is repeated. Very similiar to the Sanitation Department Job.

It should be very easy now to script it tongue

Change a few destinations and instead of a TrashMaster do a Mule or a Benson cheers

Look to much the same as ls rp

Uhmz, well maybe I got a little better idea.
I think every business should have his own delivery, the owner of the business can hire people who will get products or materials wenn they are needed.
There should spawn 1 truck with the same colour at each company and the its their duty to fill up the businesses.
Its not like 1 job called deliveryjob. So they can enter every truck which is at a business and just get materials or products and fills up the business. This way someone will just fill up all business in 15 minutes and others haven't anything to fill up. So I think an owner of a business can hire someobody to fill up only his business. So the owner has some kind of employee. Afcourse he should be payed very well but this way you create a little bit roleplay and communication in the server.
I hope its scriptable and it wont be that much work though. You just make one point to get the materials or products and that will be the docks at the ship. And the delivery point will be different. And afcourse the trucks of each company will have a different colour.

Businesses: Pizza, Burgershot, Cluckin Bell, Restaurant, phonecompany etc etc

PS: Thinking about more companies

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charly Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:01 am

Actually we should leave pizza,24/7,burgershot as it is now,it would be like LSRP,they made those a business too :S.
Charly
Charly
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Male Number of posts : 78
Job/hobbies : Student/gaming, jokes
Humor : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:48 am

Sad
Charly wrote:Actually we should leave pizza,24/7,burgershot as it is now,it would be like LSRP,they made those a business too :S.

Why ooh why didn't we start making the server earlier Sad

Xyth
Level 3 Admin
Level 3 Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLovin Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 pm

We still can do that..come on. Stop saying "they did it before". It's not like copyrighted.
McLovin
McLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron_Nelson Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:19 am

McLovin is right! Ok, we really shouldn't make people think that this is LSRP. Well maybe as it was suggested above, we should make coloured trucks for each and every different company. If I'm right, in LSRP there's only like 1 company for deliveries. Well to make it look as RP, the driver should have like a paper where he can right down his stocks, example: clothes, books, frozen food etc. Cool

Ron_Nelson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down